21. --- My son is _____ to be seen. Where has he gone?
--- I think he _____ in the building.
A. nowhere; must be hiding
B. nowhere; must be hidden himself
C. anywhere; hides
D. everywhere; hides himself
22. --- What should we do for our environmental protection?
--- We should use as many _____ packing materials as possible.
A. environmental friendly
C. the environmentally friendly
D. the environment-friendly
23. Yang Liwei is _____ first Chinese who has _____ experience of traveling in space.
A. 不填; 不填 B. 不填; the
C. the; 不填 D. the; an
24. You should take _____ of this opportunity and try to make a good impression on them.
A. care B. advantage C. charge D. place
25. --- Thank you ever so much for your help.
A. Glad to hear that B. Not worth thanking
C. Think nothing of it D. You’re too polite
26. It’s said that there are plenty of hotels in that town. There _____ be any difficulty for you to find one to stay in.
A. mustn’t B. oughtn’t
C. shouldn’t D. needn’t
27. His grandfather was among the first to settle in _____ is now a famous holiday center.
A. what B. which C. where D. that
28. Our English teacher _____ Shanghai in a few days. I wonder when the earliest plane _____ on Sunday.
A. leaves; takes off
B. is leaving; takes off
C. is leaving; is taking off
D. leaves; is taking off
29. It is in the city _____ you’re going to pay a visit to _____ this kind of beer is produced.
A. 不填; that B. where; that
C. 不填; where D. that; which
30. Mike has put on so much weight this year that his mother has to _____ all his trousers to his measure.
A. let out B. give away
C. bring in D. make up
31. No sooner _____ to sleep than the telephone rang once more.
A. she went B. she had gone
C. did she go D. had she gone
32. She said she was in great need of such a table and asked me how much _____ table would cost.
A. such a beautiful wooden round
B. one such beautiful round wooden
C. one such round beautiful wooden
D. such a round beautiful wooden
33. --- What did you dream about?
--- I dreamt that I _____ to the moon.
A. flied B. had flied
C. am flying D. was flying
34. Don’t worry. I’d _____ your baby when you are away at work.
A. see to B. see through
C. see off D. see over
35. --- I took a picture of you just now.
--- Really? What a pity! I _____.
A. didn’t look B. wasn’t looking
C. hadn’t looked D. haven’t looked
Some university in North China went on a clean-up campaign（运动）last week to remind students of their duty to be responsible on campus（校园）. The school 36 a photo exhibit on notice boards outside its dining hall, showing 37 of “uncivil behavior”.
The pictures, taken on campus, showed: 38 classroom desks, walls and library books; 39 dorms; game-loving students misusing the Internet equipment; and lovers during close moments.
Many students 40 an interest and almost everyone knew about the show by the second day. It was 41 by the school’s Youth League, which spent half a year preparing it. “We hope the pictures can help students 42 what is happening around them. We won’t punish the students in the pictures, 43 we want to remind them of their 44 to keep the campus clean,” said Youth League Secretary He Yu.
Many students did agree that carving on desks and 45 activities were “uncivil behavior”. “The school once asked us to behave 46 in daily life and now the pictures have a stronger effect. The show is the first try and it can 47 a deep impression,” said Wang.
Another student, a boy named Lu, said the show had taught him “a good 48”. He said that he hadn’t 49 attention to classrooms’ cleanliness in the past and once wrote on a desk and left some waste around his seat.
“It’s our duty to keep the campus clean. We should do something to 50 the situation,” he added. However, some students thought it not 51 to invade(侵犯) the privacy of people in close situations. “It’s common for lovers to kiss or have some bodily 52. It’s natural and it’s not right for the school to 53 it ‘uncivil behavior’,” said Yang.
“The 54 have shown students’ private moments. They may feel embarrassed(尴尬) 55 they’re recognized by others,” said a freshman named Lou.
36. A. ran B. took C. held D. gave
37. A. harmfulness B. disadvantages
C. experiences D. examples
38. A. repaired B. damaged C. painted D. burned
39. A. empty B. dirty C. beautiful D. crowded
40. A. became B. drew C. showed D. got
41. A. praised B. found C. opened D. organized
42. A. see B. imagine C. watch D. stop
43. A. however B. so C. for D. but
44. A. duty B. knowledge C. memory D. purpose
45. A. important B. similar C. same D. personal
46. A. hardly B. gratefully C. well D. helpfully
47. A. miss B. develop C. require D. leave
48. A. lesson B. text C. passage D. way
49. A. fixed B. expected C. attracted D. paid
50. A. prevent B. improve C. change D. notice
51. A. reasonable B. fair C. proper D. formal
52. A. contact B. connection
C. relation D. exchange
53. A. call B. say C. explain D. prove
54. A. actions B. situations
C. pictures D. cleanliness
55. A. as though B. if C. so that D. although