21. --- How do you feel about taking the job in Los Angeles?
--- ____? It’s the biggest company in the country.
A. How about you B. How should I feel
C. How do you D. What
22. Professor Li, who I ____ abroad, still teaches in Peking University.
A. think went B. think to have gone
C. thought went D. thought had gone
23. Although he likes playing tennis, he is ____ but a good tennis player.
A. anything B. something
C. nothing D. everything
24. The Chinese ____ prefer tea to coffee.
A. almost B. nearly C. most D. mostly
25. My son is very shy, but can you imagine ____ at the English party?
A. him sing B. his singing
C. him to sing D. his to sing
26. He didn’t want to see anybody, so he spent six hours ____ in the small room.
A. locked B. to lock C. locking D. being locked
27. I think Ma Linlin will ____ a good monitor, so I’m going to vote for her.
A. remain B. make C. get D. grow
28. Prices of food in that area ____ sharply since word came that the war would break out soon.
A. were cut down B. were rising
C. have been brought down D. have been going up
29. --- You know Jane?
--- Yes, it was ____ I surfed the Internet last week.
A. that B. when C. why D. whom
30. Toward evening, ____ came, which made things worse.
A. a heavy rain B. heavy rain
C. heavy rains D. the heavy rain
31. ____ he told us is the news ____ China has got 32 gold medals in the Athens Olympic Games, ____, of course, made us feel very excited.
A. What; which; which B. That; that; which
C. What; that; which D. That; that; what
32. Thank you very much. But for you, I ____ in the fight yesterday.
A. would have been died B. would have been killed
C. should die D. would have killed
33. --- Hello, is Mary in?
--- I’m sorry she ____ come to the phone because she is having a bath.
A. won’t B. mustn’t C. can’t D. wouldn’t
34. In our school, many a boy ____ playing football and more girls than one ____ playing it.
A. likes; likes B. like; like
C. like; likes D. likes; like
35. Turn on the television or open a magazine and you ____ advertisements showing happy families.
A. will often see B. often see
C. are often seeing D. have often seen
Elderly people respond (反应) best to a calm and unhurried environment. This is not always easy to 36 as their behavior can sometimes be irritating (令人恼怒的). If they get 37 or upset, then they may become more confused（糊涂的） and more difficult to look after. 38 sometimes it can be extremely difficult, it is best to be 39 and not to get upset yourself. You should always 40 old people to do as much as possible for themselves but be ready to 41 a helping hand when necessary.
Failing memory makes it 42 for the elderly to recall all the basic kinds of information we 43 for granted. The obvious way to help in this 44 is to supply the information that is missing and help them make 45 of what is going on. You must use every opportunity to provide information, 46 remember to keep it simple and easy to understand.
When the elderly person makes 47 statements e.g. about going out to his or her old 48 or visiting a dead relative, 49 in a calm matter-of-fact fashion: “You are retired now. Will you come and help me with the dishes?”
We depend 50 on the information provided by signposts, clocks, calendars and newspapers. These assist us to 51 and direct our behavior. Confused old people need these 52 all the time to compensate(弥补) for their memory.
Encourage them to use 53 boards or diaries for important 54 events and label(标注) the contents of different cupboards and drawers. Many other aids such as information cards, 55 photos, notes, addresses or shopping lists could help in individual case.
36. A. provide B. protect C. discover D. examine
37. A. happy B. easy C. excited D. comfortable
38. A. As a result B. Even though C. For D. Although
39. A. patient B. protective C. ready D. helpful
40. A. tell B. encourage C. warn D. permit
41. A. carry B. make C. lend D. offer
42. A. necessary B. difficult C. terrible D. impossible
43. A. make B. give C. think D. take
44. A. condition B. situation C. action D. position
45. A. sense B. use C. light D. fun
46. A. and B. or C. however D. but
47. A. obvious B. strange C. confused D. fixed
48. A. factory B. hospital C. school D. employment
49. A. correct B. repeat C. check D. care
50. A. hardly B. heavily C. totally D. simply
51. A. collect B. form C. keep D. organize
52. A. information B. advice C. aids D. materials
53. A. reminder B. flat C. recovery D. wood
54. A. improving B. coming C. moving D. exciting
55. A. beautiful B. unforgettable
C. nice D. old