It’s the job interview of your life and you need to come up with something fast. Mental pictures of words are mixing in your head and your tongue tastes like alphabet soup. You mutter words like "deterministic" or "innovativity" and you realize you’re drenched in sweat. You wish you had thought about this. You wish you had read this post before.
Here are 10 sentences that you could use when you are asked to describe yourself. Choose the ones that describe you the best。
"I am someone who…":
1. can adapt to any situation. I thrive in a fluctuating environment and I transform unexpected obstacles into stepping stones for achievements.
2. consistently innovates to create value. I find opportunities where other people see none: I turn ideas into projects, and projects into serial success.
3. leads people. I can unite people around a vision and motivate a team to excellence. I expect no more from the others than what I expect from myself.
4. always has an eye on my target. I endeavour to deliver high-quality work on time, every time. Hiring me is the only real guarantee for results.
5. knows this job inside and out. With many years of relevant experience, there is no question whether I will be efficient on the job. I can bring the best practices to the company.
6. has a high level of motivation to work here. I have studied the entire company history and observed its business strategies. Since I am also a long-time customer, I took the opportunity to write this report with some suggestions for how to improve your services.
7.has a pragmatic approach to things. I don’t waste time talking about theory or the latest buzz words of the bullshit bingo. Only one question matters to me: "Does it work or not"?
8. takes work ethics very seriously. I do what I am paid for, and I do it well.
9. can make decisions rapidly if needed. Everybody can make good decisions with sufficient time and information. The reality of our domain is different. Even with time pressure and high stakes, we need to move forward by taking charge and being decisive. I can do that.
10. is considered to be fun. I believe that we are way more productive when we are working with people with which we enjoy spending time. When the situation gets tough with a customer, a touch of humour can save the day.