then, first, at once, next, after that, previously, while, when, the following day, etc.
1) Listing: firstly, in the first place, secondly, thirdly, my next point is, last/finally, etc.
2) Illustrating: for example/ for instance, to illustrate, an example/ instance of this is, let’s take….., take…. for example, etc.
3) Re-stating: in other words, that is to say, to put it another way, let me put it this way, or rather, namely, etc.
4) Referring: in this respect, in that connection, as we said, apart from this, etc.
5) Resuming: to resume, to return to the previous point, getting back to the argument, etc.
6) Summarizing: to sum up, in short, it amounts to this, what I have been saying is this, etc.
7) Emphasizing: it is worth noting, I would like to direct your attention to, let us consider, we must now turn to, I shall begin by, etc.
1) Introducing( or emphasizing) further evidence: moreover, furthermore, in addition, what’s more, as well, etc.
2) Cause: because (of), since, owing to, on account of, due to, as a result of, etc.
3) Effect: as a result, hence, therefore, consequently, thus, so, etc.
4) Contrasting: in / by contrast, on the contrary, on the other hand, nevertheless, whereas, while, yet, however, but, etc.
5) Comparison: in like manner, likewise, in the same way, similarly, in comparison with, etc.
6) Purpose: to this end, for this purpose, with this in mind, in order to, so that, etc.
7) Intensification: indeed, in fact, in any event / case, at no time, to tell the truth, etc