Choose the correct answer. Only one answer is correct.
1. Our display is ______ Stand 34, where you will find our new range of furniture.
A. in B. on
C. at D. under
2. Today we write to ______ your attention to the fact that the date of delivery is approaching.
A. pay B. give
C. invite D. drive
3. We wish to offer you the new “Rose” paint we have ______ to the trade.
A. given B. introduced
C. recommended D. reported
4. Please ______ payment in full three months from today.
A. make B. license
C. remit D. indicate
5. We ______ be obliged if you will furnish us with the following information.
A. should B. will
C. could D. would
6. In this case, the buyer ______ cancel the contract.
A. could B. may have to
C. has the right to D. reserve the right to
7. Under these conditions the exporter has to make additional investment to raise the capacity of the ______ for producing export goods.
A. buyer B. importer
C. dealer D. plant
8. We shall ______ your account with the amount drawn against the L/C.
A. debt B. credit
C. loan D. make
9. Competition ______ to the technical transformation and restructuring of these industrial production.
A. contributes B. causes
C. helps D. promotes
10. The importer will submit references if these ______ given in the preliminary negotiations.
A. are not B. have not been
C. has not been D. were not
11. At our meeting earlier this month Mr Sharp ______ that he would approve the consignment contract.
A. indicated B. issued
C. arranged D. remitted
12. At your request, we’ll _____ the L/C opened for your account two weeks ago.
A. adjust B. correct
C. establish D. amend
13. This chemical is made ______ a special formula.
A. from B. of
C. according to D. in
14. The exporter can only increase his production to ______ the full capacity of the plant.
A. get B. obtain
C. meet D. reach
15. In order to comply with the customer’s specifications, the factory had to make several ______ in the design.
A. corrections B. mistakes
C. adjustments D. defects
16. From now no, the Chinese products enter ______ competition ______ foreign products in the international market.
A. in, with B. to, along with
C. into, with D. on, over
17. We are pleased to note that you wish to expand our relationship, ______ suggest that we consider the matter of agency later.
A. but B. however
C. nevertheless D. and
18. Competition can ______ the enterprises to improve the quality and increase the variety of their products.
A. promote B. promotion
C. prompt D. promptitude
19. Because of the confidential nature of the deal, I was not _____ to announce it.
A. supposed B. happy
C. prevented D. reluctant
20. ______ you have entered your new office building, you probably would like to refurnish it.
A. Now that B. So that
C. For D. Because
1. Choose the correct answer, only one answer is correct.
1. C2. C3. B4. A5. B6. C7. D8. D9. A10. A
11. A12. D13. C14. D15. C16. C17. D18. C19. A20. A