It took me five minutes to finish reading the exercise.
It cost me five yuan to buy the pen.
The color TV set costs me more than 2，000 yuan.
I spent ten hours in finishing the work.
I spent twenty yuan on the shirt.
It is no use crying now. You'd better study hard now.（it is no use doing sth. ）
To his surprise， it turned out that Tom failed the entrance examination.（to one's surprise 使某人感到惊奇）
It's a pity that you didn't watch the match.
It is necessary for us to have some exercise every day.
They all regard it their duty to help the poor people.
I don't think it worthwhile taking so much trouble.（It's worthwhile doing. 做……事是值得的）
We find it difficult to learn English without practicing.
I don't think it very important that we should take part in the discussion.（take part in 参加）
强调句基本构成 it is that…
It is in the room that we met each other for the first time.
It was not until 1936 that basketball became a part of the Olympic Games.（not until 直到……才）
It was they who attended the meeting last week.
It is because the book is so useful for my work that I bought it.
that和those有时分别用来代表前面提到的不可数名词和名词复数，以避免重复。而可数名词单数往往用the one 或that one 来代替。that 可以指上面提到的事情，this指下面要谈的事情。
不定代词中，both 放在实意动词前，系动词be 的后面。every只能跟名词，each可以跟名词也可以不跟名词。every在代词部分要出现当每隔……讲。
few， a few， many 修饰或指代可数名词，little， a little， much修饰或指代不可数名词。few， little表示否定。
one the other，some others，the others
Let's clean their room first and ______ later.
A. our B. us C. we D. ours
（答案为D，ours 相当于our room.）
代词部分的主要考核点是不定代词。如some， any， few， a few， little， a little， many， much， one， none， all， both， either， neither， each， every， other， another， 以及some， any， no， every 与body， one， thing 构成的合成代词。
（1）泛指与特指。如：another， other， others 是泛指，the other， the others是特指。
（2）肯定与否定。如：a few， a little， either， some 及其合成代词表示肯定，few， little， none， neither， any 及其合成代词表示否定。
（3）可数与不可数。如：few， a few， many， one 修饰或指代可数名词，little， a little， much修饰或指代不可数名词。
The picture was changed while drawn from memory as it passed through the class. （it 指代the picture.）
it takes sb. some time to do sth. 花费某人多长时间做某事
It takes half an hour or so to walk to the bus stop.
He made it plain that he was annoyed with me.
it 还可以构成强调句型，即“It is / was +被强调的部分+ that …”。当强调的部分是人，并且是主语时，that可以换成who.强调句去掉it is / was 与that即成为普通的句子。
It was last night that I saw you in the restaurant.
It was she who / that suggested that he go to New York in order to get a direct flight.
2. “Is this bike yours？”
“No， it's ______.”
A. Bob B. Bobs C. Bob's D. Bobs'
6. Nowadays _____ seems to enjoy looking at fat girls. That is why many companies have developed special foods to help people to slim（苗条）。
A. everyone B. anybody C. somebody D. no one
7. You have to hurry up if you want to buy eggs because there's hardly _____ left.
A. anything B. something C. nothing D. everything
9. She promised her parents to write _______ while she was away.
A. other day B. another day C. every other day D. any other day
every other 每隔……
10. It was terrible. One passenger was killed， and _____ was badly hurt.
A. the others B. rest C. the rest D. the other
12. If anyone happens to call while I am out of the office， please have ________ leave a message for me .
A. he B. him C. they D. them
have sb. do sth. 让某人做某事
13. The first thing that my brother and _______ did in the early morning was to go out to see the pony.
A. I B. me C. mine D. my
主语 first thing，谓语动词 was to go out to see，宾语 the pony.
15. There are two windows in this bedroom. _______ of them face south， overlooking a beautiful park.
A. Both B. One C. The two D. Either
17. “Why are you smiling？”
“Oh， I've just thought of _________.”
A. funny something B. something funny
C. nothing funny D. funny anything
18. Young babies can use _________ hand equally well.
A. either B. each C. both D. every
19. _______ road out of town is good， but this one is better than the other.
A. Both B. All C. None D. Neither
21. It was at the music hall _______ we met each other for the first time.
A. when B. where C. which D. that
22. Modern technology has made ______ possible for the whole world to be closer than ever before.
A. this B. that C. it D it's
it is possible ……是可能的
23. It is during his spare time _______ John has been studying a course in French.
A. when B. that C. which D. what
it is…… 强调句
24. “Have you heard the news about Tom？”
“No， what _______ ？”
A. was it B. were they C. are they D. is it
support oneself 养活自己
27. In _____ own way， mathematics can be as creative and exciting as poetry.
A. it B. its C. their D. theirs
28. Neighbors ought to respect _______ .
A. themselves B. one another C. each one D. to each other
29. This furniture is different from _______ .
A. ones B. your C. that one D. that
hike 徒步旅行，overnight campinng在野外露营
31. “May I help you with some shoes， sir？”
“Yes， I'd like to try on those brown _______ .”
A. one B. ones C. two D. pair
try on 试穿
32. “Do you like the book Sidney gave you？”
“Very much. It's exactly _______ I wanted.”
A. one which B. the one C. one that D. one what
36. People have proved _________ to be true that the heat we get from coal and oil comes from the sun.
A. that B. it C. this D. /
37. I don't think ________ possible to master a foreign language without much memory work.
A. it B. that C. this D. those
38. “Were all three people in the car injured in the accident？”
“No， ______ only the two passengers who got hurt.”
A. it was B. there is C. it were D. there was
39. __________ he realized it was too late to return home.
A. No sooner it grew dark than B. Hardly it grew dark when
C. It was not until dark that D. Scarcely it grew dark when
no sonner than=as soon as 一……就……
scarcely when=as soon as
hardly when=as soon as
40. It was not until she arrived in class ________ realized she had forgotten her book.
A. and B. when she C. she D. that she
not until 直到……才
43. It was _______ he got a map that he started on his away.
A. until B. till C. not until D. not till
not until 直到……才