1、Greetings and Farewells
3、Asking for Information
6、Asking for and Giving Opinions
7、Agreeing and Disagreeing
8、Apologizing and Complaining
9、Congratulations and Compliments
对于表达这些功能的句型或语言结构必须反复练习，力求做到“脱口而出”。除此之外，不要学会在具体情景下所采用的表达用语，如Telephoning，Askingthe way， Travel by bus， At the post office， In a restaurant和 Seeingthedoctor等。同时，我们要求考生能把上述的语言功能与具体情景配合起来使用，以便提高在特定的情景下口头表达的准确性、流利性和得体性。
1） Home and family
2） Food and drink
4） Smoking and health
5） Work and leisure
6） Travel and transport
7） Sport and recreation
9） Language learning
10） Plants and animals
11） Love and marriage
12） Womens role in society
13） Television and radio
14） Pollution and the environment
15） Holidays and festivals
16） Religion and belief
19） Social change and traditions
20） War and peace
I.Read aloud the following dialogue and be prepared to answersomequestions about it .
Alex： So what are you going to do after graduation， Susan？
Susan： Well， Ive saved some money， and I think I’d really liketotravel.
Alex： Lucky you. That sounds exciting！
Susan： Yeah. Then I plan to get a job and my new apartment.
Alex： Oh， youre not going to live at home？
Susan： No， I dont want to live with my parents—not after Istartto work.
Alex： I know what you mean.
Susan： What about you， Alex？ Do you have any plans yet？
Alex： Im going to get a job and live at home. I’m broke，andIwant to pay off my student loan！
Susan： What kind of job do you want go get？
Alex： I hope to find a job where I can make a lot of money！
II.Three different situations are given below and you willberequired to respond to them in the examination.
1. You are a visitor in town and someone asks you the way tothenearest post office. You dont know. What do you say？
2. You want to invite a friend to dine out at the weekend. Whatdoyou say？
3. Someone offers to carry the heavy suitcase for you butyourefuse. What do you say？
III.Talk about the following topic with the examiner speakingat120 words per minute.
Tell me about your family
1. Where do your parents live？
2. What do they do？
3. Do you have any brothers or sisters？ What do they do？
4. You live with your parents， dont you？ Why do you liveawayfrom your parents？
5. Do you spend a lot of time with your family？ Why not？ Whatsortof things do you do together？
I.Questions on the dialogue：
1. What is the probable relationship between Alex and Susan？
2. What is Susan going to do after graduation？
3. Why do you think she wants to get her new apartment？
4. What is Alex going to do after graduation？
5. Why does he want to live at home？
6. What kind of job does he want to get？
1. Im sorry but I don’t know.
No， Im afraid I can’t.
2. Would you like to dine out at he weekend？
Do you want to dine out at the weekend？
Are you free to dine out at the weekend？
3. Thanks， but its all center.
No， thanks. I can manage.
1. My parents live in ……
2. My father is a ……My mother is a ……
3. No， I dont.
Yes， I have a sister. She is a……
4. Yes， I do.
I live away from my parents because I want to lookaftermyself.
5. Yes， I do. We have meals together. We watch televisiontogetherin the evening. Sometimes we go out together. Ours is ahappyfamily. We care for each other. We love each other.
No， I dont. I’m very career-minded. Im keen to do well inmyjob. I usually spend most of my time in the office or withmycolleagues. I with I could spend more time with my family.
I.Prepare yourself to read the following dialogue and answersomequestions about it. .
Interviewer： Do you think the public schools are a good thing orabad thing， Mr. Martin？
Mr. Martin， I think its a very much a bad thing. You see，Itotally disagree with the idea that anyone should be about tobuytheir children a better education than another. The thing isthepublic schools help to keep the idea of a ruling elite aliveandwork against social change. I think I would like to see allprivateschools absorbed into the state education system and everychildallowed the chance of the same education. There is a verystrongargument that the pressure of those parents whose childrenatpresent go to public schools would soon bring about agreatimprovement in the state system.
Interviewer： Mrs. Jones， do you agree with Mr. Martin？
Mrs. Jones： No， I dont. I think public schools are a goodthing.You see， if we could afford it ， my husband and I would sendoursons to a public school when they reach secondary school age.Ithink public schools finish them off， burn them into gentlemen，andgive them a good start in life. The good thing about publicschoolsis that those who go to a public school can mix with otherchildrenwho come from good backgrounds. The only thing I can thinkofagainst them is that only very few public schoolsareco-educational. It’s a shame， isnt it？ I mean， mixing withbothsexes from a very early age is a good thing， particularly whenboysdon’t have a sister.
Ⅱ。Three situations are given below. You will be requiredtorespond to them in the examination.
1. You are talking to one of your friends about diet. He orshesuggests that people should eat less， but you dont agree. Whatdoyou say？
2. Your employer thinks youve done an excellent job onadifficult assignment. How would you respond to his orhercompliment？
3. You are watching an interesting TV program， but all ofasudden， there is a power failure. What do you say？
Ⅲ。Go over the following topics carefully and be prepared tospeakfor about 3 minutes on either of the. You may make notes on apieceof paper and refer to them during your talk， but you mush notwriteout the complete talk and simply read it aloud.
1. Nowadays wherever we travel in Beijing， we findforeignrestaurants which offer Japanese food ， American food orotherforeign food. What are your views on foreign food？ What kindofforeign food do you like or dislike？
2. We often find public places littered with old cans，emptybottles and especially plastic bags. What effects doeslitteringhave on the environment？ What do you think we should do tostoppeople from littering？
I.Question on the dialogue：
1. What are public schools in Britain？ Why do some parentssendtheir children to public schools？
2. What are Mr. Martins views on public schools？
3. Does Mrs. Jones agree with him？ What does she think ofpublicschools.
4. Are all the schools in our country of one type， or aretheredifferent kinds？
5. If there are different kinds， in what way is oneschooldifferent from another？
1. I dont agree that people should eat less. I thinkpeopleshould have a balanced diet if they want to lead ahealthylife.
2. Thanks. Thats very kind of you to say so.
3. a. Oh， Dear！
b. Oh no！ How awful！
c. Damn it！